After comparing the value of buying new vs. buying used forklifts, evaluating your situation and determining your needs – a used forklift can still be a risk. Of course, you can always minimize that risk by opting for a thorough inspection and cleaning.
When you choose to purchase a reconditioned used forklift from Conger, it isn’t just wiped down and visually inspected. Instead your forklift is treated to a comprehensive restoration so you can be confident your forklift will perform as expected. Let’s take a closer look at our used forklift restoration process and the benefits it offers.
THE PROCESS THAT LETS YOU BUY WITH CONFIDENCE
Here’s what you can expect:
- Your used forklift gets a full steam clean, front to back, inside and out.
- One of our qualified technicians performs a full evaluation and condition report for the lift truck. That includes checking that the tires are in good condition, inspecting the lift chains for damage and testing the hydraulic system.
- We take care of any necessary repairs noted in the condition report, so you don’t have to deal with them later.
- Our mechanics ensure that planned maintenance for the unit is up to date. We make sure filters are replaced at the proper intervals and confirm that the fluids are changed and at the right levels.
- Finally we re-paint the unit – including sanding and body filling if needed. We like to see a paint job that’s as good as or better than the factory’s.
Once we’re finished, your reconditioned used forklift will be almost unrecognizable. Just look at the difference on one of our recent restorations.