Operator Safety Training
Forklifts. Aerial lifts. Skid steers. Whatever your operators run, they need to be trained on that equipment and the importance of safety in the workplace. Not only is it required by law but there’s good reason for it. According to OSHA, 40 percent of new accidents occur with operators mishandling equipment. Our professional trainers train and update your employees with the latest OSHA material handling requirements and regulations, allowing your employees to be confident and stay compliant.
Reasons for forklift and/or aerial lift training
- New to operating powered industrial equipment
- Expiring certifications
- Poor evaluation
- Change in work environment or type of equipment used
On-site safety training
We train on-site at your business location for your convenience.
Our service area
Adams, Alger (MI), Ashland, Baraga (MI), Brown, Calumet, Chippewa (MI), Clark, Delta (MI), Dickinson (MI), Door, Florence, Fond du Lac, Forest, Gogebic (MI), Green Lake, Houghton (MI), Iron, Iron (MI), Jackson, Juneau, Kewaunee, Keweenaw (MI), Langlade, Lincoln, Luce (MI), Mackinac (MI), Manitowoc, Marathon, Marinette, Marquette, Marquette (MI), Menominee, Menominee (MI), Monroe, Oconto, Oneida, Ontonagon (MI), Outagamie, Portage, Price, Schoolcraft (MI), Shawano, Sheboygan, Taylor, Vilas, Waupaca, Waushara, Winnebago, Wood.
What you can expect
Our operator training courses offer a combination of formal instruction and practical training. An evaluation of the effectiveness for the specific training is done to ensure that the operator has the knowledge and skills to operate the required equipment safely.
Estimated timeline of events
- Forklift Training: 2-hour class time and 15-20 minutes of evaluation per type of truck
- Aerial lift Training: 1-hour class time and 15-20 minutes of evaluation per aerial work platform
Forklift and/or aerial lift topics covered
- Lift truck fundamentals
- Principles of balance, stability, and capacity
- Importance of pre-operation inspection
- Safety guidelines for operating a lift truck
- Safe load handling techniques
- Safety rules
- Federal and state OSHA standards
- Documentation requirements
Operator safety training topics depend on customer’s needs. Accommodations can be made for evaluation portion only.